Make DVD Installer from CDs
Just stumbled on this online. Feel free to extrapolate:
- Create a Temp folder on harddrive. Name this folder "HL2_DVD" This will be the Label of our DVD.
- Copy all contents of CD1 to this Temp folder.
- From CD2 copy just two files! The "cab" file (hl2.CAB) and the "installer.dll" file to the main directory of the Temp folder.
- From CD3 copy the "hl23.CAB" file to the main directory of the Temp folder.
- From CD4 copy the "hl24.CAB" file to the main directory of the Temp folder.
- From CD5 copy the "hl25.CAB" file to the main directory of the Temp folder.
- Now download and install "Orca".
- Once Orca is installed go to the Temp folder and right click the file "hl2.msi" and from near the top of the menu choose "Edit with Orca".
- When opened you will see 2 window panes, go to the "Tables" one on the left and scroll down to Media"
- Click on "Media" this will show you the entries in the Right pane. There will be 6 columns.
- Change all the entries in the "VolumeLabel" column to HL2_DVD
- Then "Save" it. (You can also use a program called "Masai Editor" instead of "Orca")
- Now burn to a DVD using Nero using the Label HL2_DVD.